Sunday, November 02, 2003

The winning streak continues... ISB's team won the first week of the IIMA fin quiz... I met karthik and ashish, back after winning from IIMB... in their words, the difference in the teams was not much but we scored a lot in the way we presented the paper... the guys from IIMA who came second had PPOs with Lehmann... ISB is right up there! Only hope Lehmann is watching...

Everytime I write "this week has been the busiest since I came to ISB", I am forced to eat my words after a few weeks... so here I go again... the coming week is unimaginable loaded with submissions, assignments, project reports and presentation, with my ELP presentation's dry run to boot... this is truly crazy is what I thought but then, I now know not to think so... for once I am thru with this, I know few weeks down the line there will be another week which will be even more unimaginably tough...

Today, there was an ISB relay conducted by the sports club... It was fun and competitive... some real good long distance runners... Attendence was not really good thanks to all the submissions, but the little crowd that turned up, including alums had good fun...

Im in the process of writing the book review and its been an interesting experience... to critique is easy they say, but to back up your criticism with solid reason, that too about a book that is considered an amazing success story is not easy... We all read lots of books but writing a solid book review is no joke... just realized...

amidst all this, if there is still something that brings the whole campus to a standstill, it is sachin.. yesterday, the cafe was a sight to see, until sachin was batting... people glued to the TV not blinking an eyelid even as food was getting cold... and then sachin gets out, and the place is half empty... including me... i thought he was literally toying with the bowling when he got himself out... i wonder what india wud have been without sachin... how we all wud have seen cricket without him... he is larger than life!