Friday, November 30, 2007

Tivo, nero and my mythtv progress

First, I made decent progress towards my goal of getting mythTV up and running. I had to painstakingly feed in every frequency number of every channel into mythTV (since it still doesnt seem to have a frequency scanner and India doesnt have standard frequencies for cable TV). Once I did that, I am able to flip and tune channels. More importantly, I can now pause live TV :))) Way to go! I am going to watch the second day of the Indo Pak test tomorrow on my mythTV setup. Not going to miss one bit of the action :)

Next and final step towards finishing the basic goal is now to get mythTV to see my xmlTV feed for India. Thats for the weekend. When I do that, I promise another bunch of screenshots and a video showing me playing around with my own DVR. :)

On a separate note, TiVO is going to hit the PC... check this out: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2704,2223963,00.asp