Saturday, October 11, 2003

Back online

Probably the longest break I have taken... Its been the busiest of days at ISB over the past 2-3 days. The one day when I actually slept one two hours to complete all my readings turned out to be a disaster... wanting to wake up at 8:30, I slept until 8:50 for a 9 am class and was woken up by Rahul, a classmate... Just managed to brush, refresh and reach the class in time... The whole day was a daze though I loved the Change Management class as I was among the few who had managed to read up all the stuff... Did some good class participation (CP) and enjoyed the class too.... There were some interesting parallels from Anil, the ex army "Major Saab" of our batch... it was an interesting class... thursday evening was very relaxed but it wa amazing 'coz i couldnt sleep... Just that friday was off meant the mind relaxes so much, you dont feel sleepy! did my cover letter and resume for the M$ and CTS projects, mailed them and slept as i tried to watch "Road Trip"... pretty tiring and was in no mood to blog... woke up real late, around noon on friday! decided that i am going to chill the rest of the day... the whole week's stress of keeping up with readings for 5 courses had sapped the energy out of me!

Not that I have to punish myself like this... I can well take just 3-4 courses and stay chill... but I have taken 5 courses because, one, some interesting courses, and two, want to keep myself relatively free in term 7, the placements time... Friday evening went in volleyball under lights and the night in a party...

Today was another one of those lousy lazy days... the friday night party started at 11 in the night after a conference call with my ELP clients, nSpace in the US... the call went well with some new insights into the company and the research we are doing for them... the party was a bash... great music and dance to boot... the whole village was rocking... it went on till 5 in the morning and by the time i slept, the sun was up and winking! so today again had to be off beat... worke up around noon, and realized I have a case discussion today... Reebok's strategy in India... Marketing research case... and a meeting at 7:30 pm over dinner to discuss and do a write up... fortunately I had read the case 2 days back out of curiosity and also, have been following Nike and Reebok just like that for the past 2-3 years... so it was an interesting discussion when it happened today... just finished the discussion and allocated some parts of the write ups... Still have to review other pending assignments! Have to buck up now and start reading for monday and tuesday... busy week ahead...