Thursday, May 06, 2004

Joined work. First two days have been a mixed bag. Got to meet the Exec Director on the first day and had a chat with him. Spoke to another from the US office on the second day and things are being sized up before I start work. Otherwise, there has been a lot of induction, filling up forms and procedures to follow... none too exciting. There is a lot of flux here as Verizon is in the process of shifting to its own campus in Guindy. So, I am kinda shuttling between the old office at Tidel Park and the new one to meet people. Thankfully the weather in chennai has turned lovely in the middle of may, with a sprinkling of rain. Otherwise, travelling during the day in mid may can be scary. The exciting part has been meeting people and trying to figure out where they fit in into the scheme of things here. I seem to have a choice of sorts about the work I will start with, which has made this even more interesting.

I still dont have the freedom or the time to blog or mail freely. Once things settle down and and I get on to something concrete, this blog should be a nice extra half an hour of relaxation towards the end of the day. Until then, godspeed :)