Wednesday, September 24, 2003

Presentation skills

The IT course in this term concludes today with another set of presentations... the last 3 sessions of the course have been allocated by Prof.Banker to presentations by students... We have been allowed to choose a topic that we believe will help IT add value to the business... Yesterday was the second such session... my presentation went thru ok... i wasnt really happy with myself... thought I did not manage to keep all in the audience interested enough... though many came up to me and said they liked it, and i still am discovering ways to keep everyone clued on when I am talking in a presentation...

my presentation skills have improved a lot after I have come here... in the first term leadership development course, there was some useful feedback... i had done many presentations in past life, even to clients abroad and have always felt comfortable... but i have learnt some new things I did not know about myself here... that has helped me improved further but i do have a long way to go before I can perfect this one...

In general, the presentations have been good... nobody has had stage problems, and have been fluent in talking... some used video clips, flash scoured off the web to enhance the presentations... the best aspect has been how alomost everyone managed to manage their time effectively... if ever some overshot time, it was not by much... i have been impressed...

isb has revamped its alum site... we all got a mail asking our profiles to be updated... the carrot has been job postings from alums... :) i liked the site though it has just opened and alums are yet to completely visit it... i am going to watch out to see how this develops...