Saturday, September 20, 2003

Yesterday was tough... and the stress got to me I guess...

and today was the investments part 1 exam... tough one... had everyone dazed... some really intuitive problems... this was not a well managed course I wud say... wasnt very happy with the first part being done over just 3 weeks followed by the exam... though the subject per se has been extremely interesting and intuitive, the fast pace did take its toll on many... given that we are suffering a 4 week term here, its been really tough on non-quant guys... its all going to change with a more evenly balanced term next year but that doesnt help me! anyway, this stuff will get applied again in the finance electives...

The elective registration started... tough go, choosing electives... some very interesting courses... its high time we decided the specialization as some basic courses are on offer...

the fee hike got announced officially today... the forex rate has not been kind on ISB and the 3 lakh rupee hike has been inflated to 30K$ by the strong rupee... I hope, just for the fee sake, that the rupee goes back to its 50 bucks a $ rate... ISB does need the money for its development but what worries me the most is that, given the high interest rates, the EMIs can go out of hand... let me see how this pans out...