Monday, February 09, 2004

I finally took a call and decided to go to Verizon. Thanks to all the wishes and offers for help. It was a tough choice. I liked Sapient and the way they conducted themselves in the campus a lot. I will be going back home to chennai. I was planning to stay back for the orientation for the next class but if my joining date is in April, I guess I will have to give that a pass...

The sapient process deserves a mention. While many companies came in for one round of interview before selecting people, Sapient was sincere in going through their three round process, in which they evaluate a candidate in three different areas. They took 2 and a half days, did a case study, did three interviews and then sat with every one of us they liked to explain the offer, compensation and when we indicated that we wanted to consider the offer, immediately printed out the letter and handed it to us. Now, thats the best in terms of prompt response, professionalism and flexibility in process I have seen. Neat, no nonsense and extremely professional. Just for that one reason, Sapient was simply too tough to ignore. I have seen other companies do interviews. I have seen many disinterested faces, people in a hurry, interviewers treating students as commodities (especially the large IT companies)... This was a company that really cared about its interview process.