Saturday, February 28, 2004

Talking about movies... I was going through this blog by Sidharth, after he left a comment for my previous post. Somehow his predictions for the oscars matched mine perfectly...

Quoting from his post...
Best Film : The Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King

Best Direction : Peter Jackson(The Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King)

Best Actor : Bill Murray(Lost in Translation) I really hope he wins :) Sean Penn in Mystic River did an excellent job but I think Bill Murray fit in so well in the movie!!

Best Actress : Should be very close between Charlize Theron(Monster) and Naomi Watts(21 Grams) but I think Charlize Theron will win

Best Supporting Actor : Though I would give it to Ken Watanabe for the 'Last Samurai' I think Tim Robbins will win this one for Mystic River.But,should be a very close fight

Best Supporting Actress : Hands down winner will be Renee Zellweger for Cold Mountain.I really dont see the Academy giving it to anyone else.


I have been a fan of tim robbins ever since shawshank redemption. Same with Renee since Bridget Jones diary and more so after chicago. I sure do hope these two win.

Its been a pretty relaxed weekend on campus. Biswajit was asking about AP first. Well, their recruitment process is not over yet. They have had a pretty long process this time around... maybe because of the impending elections too... Otherwise, half the campus is in vizag this weekend. holidaying. Thursday and friday were busy for all the weekend work had to be completed before the vacation. For the few lazy bums like me, its been an enjoyable lazy weekend, of course, intersperced with assignments :(