Wednesday, July 09, 2003

Wet day, dull day in hyderabad...
As I write this, i am dripping wet... no not because of the rain that has been pouring in hyderabad for the past 2 days... we just gave one of my group mates the traditional midnight birthday dunk in the recreation center pool... it was pouring, dark and the water was cold... but tradition is tradition... we threw him in at the stroke of 12 and in the process i got dunked too!

Somehow today morning, the decibel output of my mobile's alarm did not penetrate through my ears to the inner cortex and thanks to that, when my eyes opened, I realised that I had been right on time... I woke up here and the classes started there... that meant a missed class to compensate for, two hours to kill and time for lots of things to do! peaceful breakfast beckoned...

There was tension in the air today in campus... It was the day when the second decision fo Markstrat was due... And along with it, a mock chairman's report... Markstrat is a software that is a marketing simulation game where teams of students compete against each other... The whole campus was speaking the silo, sunk, sold, sxyz, s*** language... sounds weird eh? they are mock brand names we were promoting in the game... for the uninitiated visiting the campus, you would have thought ISB students speak swahili...

all teams, upon finishing classes, were back into their huddles, discussing ad budgets, sales and distribution and what not... my team, knowing my distinct (read extinct) capabilities in marketing, made me the chairman of our firm... that meant writing the chairman's report... I was beaming... for this report went to all the teams and mock shareholders... so you could not lie and at the same time, not give away your strategy for the rest of the game to your competitors... boy, did someone say being CEO is about delegation?

Talking about CEOs, today was Hero Honda day at ISB... Pavan Munjal was here to talk about his company and many were geared up to listen to him, Markstrat pressures not withstanding... As he spoke at length about his company I wondered, what would it take to be in that position, some day... maybe some day, I will be there and then will know...

ciao... i have to case to read before i crash!!!