Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Lost in translation was brilliant. I have lived in Japan for a couple of weeks, that too all alone, out of the blue, without knowing the language, without a translator at times, using just sign language at which I am the poorest, that too in a remote suburb of tokyo. I could relate to this movie so very well. Bill Murray was excellent. I had not heard of Scarlett Johansson before this movie. Checked her filmography but certainly dont remember her from "home alone 3" or "the horse whisperer". I almost fell in love with this girl. In the final few scenes, the silence had so much meaning. Brilliant. Well, I guess I am going overboard a bit but to put it simply, "if you haven't seen it, you better see it"

I read this article about the H1B thing in the US: http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnflash/mar2004/nf2004032_4623_db047.htm
Very sensible.

Life has been pretty boring this week. Simply too many assignments, project reports, one page memos, etc. For those who watch tamil movies, I am reminded of Kamal's tamil movie, "Anbe Sivam" and the way he introduces nasser in the movie. All these profs appear such, with due apologies ;)

But of course, that doesnt prevent me from escaping in the night from all my group meets to watch "Khakee" for the fourth time (!!!) in the night at Prasad's in hyd. Not that I like this movie but somehow everytime I go, this seems to be the only movie with tickets available. I am going to book in advance next time.

I finished reading the book "the biography of a germ". Kinda got a bit boring towards the end but if you want something very diverse and different to read, like me, I suggest you pick this book, skip the first 5 chapters and read on.

How many times have you found that you listen to a song in the morning when you are in a hurry getting ready for the day and then end up humming that song throughout the day without your knowledge. Its happening to me again today. I sleep with songs playing in low volume. So everyday when I get up, I have some random song playing and today was "Mr. Cellophane" one of my favourites. Kinda getting tired of humming it. Guess I will have to go home and play something else to reload my mind. Maybe some old A R Rahman hits. Im in the mood to listen to melodies today. need to soothe myself because I have a screwed up schedule. a class at 9 in the morning and the next one at 4:30 in the evening, with eternity inbetween when you dont know what to do!

For the admitted to ISB folks in chennai,
One of my fellow students from the class of 04, Karthik Srinivasan, has asked me to inform that he will be in chennai on the 12th(Friday) and the 13th(Saturday). He will be along with his wife Divya, who is an alum from the founding batch.

In case you guys in chennai are interested in meeting them, someone please take the lead, co-ordinate and let him know the date and the time in advance so that he can plan his schedule.

You can get in touch with him at karthik_srinivasan@pgp2004.isb.edu