Thursday, March 18, 2004

Some random thoughts while I complete my org design project...

I am listening to "Ayutha Ezhuthu" (Yuva in hindi). ARR and Manirathnam combo always works wonders. Being a die hard ARR fan, my expectations were very high. They were matched by the music. "jana gana mana" is brilliant and so is "Yakkai thiri". It hit me instantly, unlike most songs of ARR that grow on you. ARR rules. What talent! I wonder what is the thought process that goes on inside his brain. I wish I cud know it, even better feel it. A brilliant musician's thought process.

Nearly 3 months back, when Raghuram Rajan was here, he had talked about the job loss in the US. Employment being a leading indicator, should be on the up if the US economy is recovering. But it is down because productivity is up so much that some lost jobs might never come back. I read a report about exactly the same, in fact well written, in economic times yesterday. I am not able to catch the URL again. But reading about outsourcing and how politicians in the US are using this in the presidential elections shows they are no less then Indian politicians when it comes to exploiting a sensitive topic to their advantage.

I was watching some cricket over dinner and saw Kallis batting agains the kiwis. I would love to see him make that 6th century. I thought he was one cricketer who deserved the SA captaincy for all the talent and maturity he has shown. Not that Smith is bad but Kallis, I thought got a raw deal. At another edge of the world, Gilchrist showed brilliance. I saw some of his shots in the news. Especially one straight drive that was just a block, not even a punch. Sheer timing and brilliance.

Talking about cricket, I was in trance when I saw saching move from 40 to 141 in the second ODI. Sachin was pure genius. Like his good old self that dominates the opposition naturally. I have been watching sachin for such a long time, that some inner feeling told me that this innings was something special, very natural, unlike what he has been playing of late. Oh, I loved his innings. Seeing him hit a boundary at will, there isnt a better sight in cricket.

Well, hitting the bed now... One of the last few days of my stay in my favourite room. (A lot such sentiments from me over the next few days :D)




Countdown to graduation: 8 days to go...