Sunday, March 07, 2004

Sunday blues. I am feeling so damn lazy. Have been in the library since morning, reading up Wired magazine/Scientific American/Business World/All newspapers/Auto India, watching schumi show his class, eating lots of food from the brunch, gulping down lots of diet coke and on and on and on... Even read a case thinking I have to submit the analysis tomorrow when the actual submission is on wednesday. All this while I came here to study for my midterm in OD tomorrow. Huh... I am very angry with this guy inside me who is not pushing me in the right direction...

Wired Mag had a wonderful cover story covering Google from so many different angles... I love google so much and it was fascinating reading about content spammers, pagerank's intricate details, the possibilities for Google post IPO, aout larry page and the other guy and how Google simple text ads are generating double the number of average clickthroughs that any other banner ads on the net.

Scientific Amercan had a very interesting article about a particular mutation found in 10% of europeans which means that their bodies dont allow HIV to get hooked on to their body cells. The article was about how scientists are trying to trace the origin of the mutation to either the great plague that hit europe or the geographical spread of small pox. Interesting indeed.

It was interesting to read all this hoopla about Warren Buffet investing in ONGC and then his denials. The denial came yesterday evening and still Hindustan Times screams on front page today about his investment in ONGC!

Auto India's dec 03 issue reviewed the new Honda City. I had read about the diesel engine of the new City in some other mag and have been in love with this car ever since. How much I wish I could buy one for myself. Guess I have settle for a small little Santro Xing. Or maybe I will wait for the Chevy Spark. I always loved the Matiz.

Yesterday as I made another trip to "The spicy venue" in Jubilee Hills for another heavy Andhra meals dinner, I was wondering what drives people like Schumi. Today as I read his quotes after the win, I am left all that more wondering...

Ok, the following is a very bad attempt at poetry that I am risking publishing here... I wrote it for a friend of mine here at ISB... but it turned out so bad that I decided not to publish it... But still, for all the damn effort I took to write it, I am going to put it here... If it puts you off, forget my blog for a few days while it travels down this page into the archives...

When the going gets tough
When sailing in sea so rough

A friend emerges from as a cohort
Lending a shoulder for support

A smile here
A laugh there

All ears when you wanted to talk
Always there for a comforting walk

There were altercations galore
Fights when we have screamed war

Only to end up together in
Support through think and thin

We have with us impressive perks
We are armed with all the frameworks

But it is friends like you
Who make it difficult to bid adieu