Friday, August 29, 2003

ELP

Eventful term break... There has been lot happening in the campus in the past few days... ELP company day happened yesterday... there were many companies in campus, making presentations to students about projects being offered... We had 2 sessions of presentations followed by break out sessions where we met with the companies one on one to discuss the projects... My perceptions about many projects changed as I went about meetings these companies... It was a tough choice... I am interested in aspects of HR as well as technology and it was a tough choice given the number of companies and the quality of the projects...

Today, all students submitted their bids for the projects, along with expression of interests... Joe and his panel will go through the EOIs decide the allotment of projects... I have ranked a US based high tech startup's India entry strategy as my no. 1... then there are projects from Mercer, some IT marketing projects and some commodities trading projects from Singapore... I am looking forward to monday...

Admissions released the next year's calender and fee structure... personally, for me, the fee hike is a bit disappointing, though i understand the reasons behind it... i dont have enuf detail to know if it cud have been avoided but my concern is if it will deter some people from applying to ISB... I hope it doesnt happen.. the increased no. scholarships will help but I am still very afraid what the impact of this one is going to be...