Friday, August 15, 2003

I-Day and a successful blood donation camp...

I-Day was great celebration at ISB today. Flag hoisting in the morning at 9, through which I slept. Then we had under priviledged children having a fun day watching movies, having lunch and playing games... It was a wonderful sight seeing those children in our classrooms, with wide eyes at the way the lights went off and on and the animation that powerpoint could put up... and the undiluted smile and laughter when they saw tom and jerry... it was a fun day out for them... there was a clay workshop and my roommate, saurabh brought one of his own creations that I could hardly fathom... he called it modern scupture... cudnt help not agree! I spent my whole day at the blood donation camp, writing out the free insurance forms for everyone... there was everyone from Prof. Ramachandran to the utility workers at sarovar. In all, 107 units were collected in a single day... The red cross was pretty impressed and I was proud that we could do something like this... in all around 60-70 students came forward... many are out of campus given the 3 day weekend... some could not resist alcohol the previous night... ;) so the turnout was pretty decent... The evening was lit up by the music club... some great songs and in between there was this amazing dance performance by some students and spouses... i love all kinds of music and the evening charged me up no end! to top all this, karthik and divya called a few of us home for some home made south indian food... how I have missed all that home cooked food! i dont think i was conscious when i ate my dinner ;) Now, with all the wonderful food and fruit juice in my stomach, i am off to sleep... ELP's first session starts tomorrow... bidding will be explained... look forward to that!