Friday, August 22, 2003

Nature...

It poured torrents in hyderabad today. The last thing I wanted to do in such beautiful weather was to study!!! The forests around ISB's campus are green and fresh... The birds chirping, peacocks dancing (literally... peacocks are plenty around here)... Morning was cloudy, chill and the greenery was refreshing to watch... then it started drizzling as I walked out of my room for breakfast and class... By the time I finished breakfast and reached class, it was pouring in the distance... my classroom, AC8, faces the lake and the scenary out of the balcony is the best you can get to see around hyderabad... mountains and lakes lush green after the rains in the past few weeks... Today as I was standing in the balcony letting nature's beauty sink into me, I could see the rain sweeping from the distance, approaching the campus... it became darker, murkier, cold and breezy... the drizzle harder and then the rain hit... I could see Dan's face and tell that he hasnt seen such rain... monsoon at its best... It was so hard that the mountains beyond the lake looked like covered in fog... It was a sight to see... Just when I it was feeling like absolute bliss I remember it was 9... Pity it was time for the class...

The campus is in the middle of a rocky area, with light forests all around... ISB has built roads that go deep into these woods and a walk along these roads take you to some wonderful sights... all kinds of wildlife... if you are a nature lover, you will love this place... Add to this, the ISB lake which has filled up this year thanks to the monsoon... a walk along the dam in the campus that holds the lake is always energizing...

The whole campus is built on land that tilts from right to left... There are underwater drains that carry all the rain water down the slope to where the dam is... ISB built the dam to create a small lake that will hold all the rain water... When we came to the campus, the lake bed was dry... and we did not realise what a beautiful place it can be... In fact, now is a very good time to visit the campus... whoever said hyd has bad weather, eat your words... this monsoon has changed this city into a beautiful place...

Amidst all this, here I am slogging it out for the exams... my room happens to be the corner of the village... so whenever I open out my windows, I see nature in all its splendor, the sunrise as well as the dusky sky... So, there is always enough incentive for break in the midst of exams preparations...